• Create Account

Am I over killing again with creating Engine SDK?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 SIC Games   Members   -  Reputation: 609

0Likes

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Previously on my engine I used a C++ DLL that would be going to C# Class File to C# Program for editor. What I've noticed is there would be lots and lots of code to search though functions that were not even used and drove me literally batty. So, I came up with the notion - if I create a SDK library or DLL that It would be easier for my mind.

So the Engine SDK is a library for now but has a lot more flexibility like the Graphics Device has interface functions - everything has it's own header file and source code and looks neat organized and tidy! Bringing the SDK to a C++ DLL is a peace of cake before it has to go to the C# Class LIbrary for the functions to be imported with:

[DLLImport("SICGAMESFACE.DLL", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.cdcel")]
public static extern void myPointer();

It works but I'm wondering perhaps, from possibly people that gone this route or done this route before have to say about this? And or is there possibly a more effectient way to create a professional SDK or API? I'm working on my professional coding - cross the T and dots the I's persay. Making the coding a lot more less confusing and more human readable even for my sake too. And no I don't have a DLL called SICGAMESFACE.DLL just to point that out there. lol!

Game Engine's WIP Videos - http://www.youtube.com/sicgames88

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS