• Create Account

Force Feedback problems!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 myvraccount   Members   -  Reputation: 127

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

I'm using:

- Windows 7 64 bit

- C# SharpDX on VS2012 Express

- Tested and fully functional Logitech Force 3D Pro

I'm experimenting with the force feedback part of the SharpDX api, and I can't get it to work.  I set up the EffectParameters the way they seem like they should be, and I constructed an Effect, but when I try to assign the EffectParameters to the Effect, it throws an exception that says that the device is not registered.  I haven't seen any functions concerning registration though.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I assigned the correct GUID.  It's vague about whether it should be the GUID for the joystick or the force feedback device itself.  Which is it?

I don't have the code with me and I'm not at liberty to send it anyway, so I don't remember what the HRESULT value is off hand, but it's probably a fairly common error.

Anyway, does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it, and better yet, is there any good guide or sample code for implementing force feedback with SharpDX, and for that matter, SharpDX guides in general would also be welcome, but the information on their site seems insufficient in some ways.

I set up my code to do what I think it's supposed to do but it's really an educated guess.  I'm not sure even how to start and stop the effect running in real time, aside from possibly assigning a trigger button.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 myvraccount   Members   -  Reputation: 127

-1Likes

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Come on, please?  I know someone's got to know something about this.  It doesn't seem like it would be a very difficult problem; it's just one to which I don't happen to know the solution.

#3 gasto   Members   -  Reputation: 261

0Likes

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I am experimenting with DirectInput though. It might help to know my mistakes as they happen.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4 GHz. 3GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3400.

#4 myvraccount   Members   -  Reputation: 127

0Likes

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

But are you using Force Feedback?  If so, yes, please tell me anything that goes wrong or how you fix it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS