• Create Account

Vertex shader to pixel shader - way of sharing info?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 #Include Graphics   Members   -  Reputation: 405

0Likes

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I am using DX9 and having trouble trying to optimize some SM 3.0 shaders, the thing is that I have all the passable through data between vertex shader and pixel shader full and I dont know how to do it in order to get all the operations only needed in the pixel shader be done just there...in the pixel shader wacko.png .

If it were a kind of instruction like SetStreamSource but directly for the pixel shader only to pass there too the same info like passed before to the vertex shader or any other way of reusing in the pixel shader the same info streamed into the vertex shader before like skining info or even instancing info without requiring the valuable few slots that DX9 have?.

So reached to this point and after wasting nice times, I think I need some ideas about, please be different of "Pass all to DX11" because atm this isnt a possible option hahaha.

Thanks in advance. smile.png

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10158

1Likes

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Please don't crosspost. Closed.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS