• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

OpenGL Shader in SDL Platform Game?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoldStud   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hello! I am new to SDL and just got a simple platform game with wall jumping and music to run:

Screen.jpg

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to implement an OpenGL Shader into this game. I use SDL_Surfaces rendered with an SDL_Renderer. I have an OpenGL context successfully initialized in my SDL program, and my question is: How do I set up OpenGL fragment shaders so that they will shade what SDL renders?

My plan is to use a "God Ray" fragment shader, like the one used here.

Sponsor:

#2 lask1   Members   -  Reputation: 819

0Likes

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Looks like this was answered on Stack Overflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23588175/opengl-shader-in-sdl-platform-game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS