• Create Account

Visual Studio 2013 Solution Exporer h/cpp pairing

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 imoogiBG   Members   -  Reputation: 1057

0Likes

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hi guys!

I'm searching for an add-in that will pair the cpp/h files within the same Filter 'Folder' in the solution explorer.

Something like this:

-My Filer Blah

---SomeFileName1.cpp

---SomeFilename1.h

---SomeFileName2.cpp

---SomeFilename2.h

To become something like this

-My Filer Blah

+++SomeFileName1(h/cpp)

+++SomeFileName2(h/cpp)

Edited by imoogiBG, 11 May 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 SeanMiddleditch   Members   -  Reputation: 4677

2Likes

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

I don't know of any. But why do you want this? You can use ctrl-comma to search for files by name and a key combination to switch between header and source (I don't recall the default; for my setup it's alt-k,alt-o). The usual organization of sources vs headers in visual studio is usually more than enough once you learn the other navigation features.

#3 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 28522

1Likes

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

AFAIK, those groupings are saved into the vcproj file. If you're using something like CMake to create your projects, you could configure it to do it ;)

Otherwise, a key to switch between cpp/h might be useful as mentioned above. I don't know if newer versions of VS support it natively - years ago I just searched google and c&p'ed a macro that someone else had made to add that feature ;)

#4 imoogiBG   Members   -  Reputation: 1057

1Likes

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

Yeah Ctr + K/O is the shortcut for vs13! But sometimes I need a to look at the picture from afar.

PS: @ SeanMiddleditch

I Prefer to hit Ctrl + D and type ">of myFile" don't know why :D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS