• Create Account

Any known weirdness with ratings going on?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ravyne   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7116

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

I've noticed something odd lately. I've had a rash of upvotes from a number of long-dead topics. Four of the last five came from topics a year or more old, the last two from the same topic which was locked 7 years ago (rating still works, of course). I can't see that much of my history, but I think this trend continues with like 7-8 of the last 10 upvotes. Before that, or there-about, the pattern is normal -- almost exclusively recent topics.

Anyone else noticed this pattern?

Sponsor:

#2 Shane C   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1178

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

That's unusual.

I've pretty much frequented the forums the last week and haven't seen or experienced anything of this nature myself.

#3 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4885

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

any relation between the topics? Not unusual for old topics to show up in a search and still be useful to someone

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#4 Tutorial Doctor   Members   -  Reputation: 1555

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

I have seen some very useful old topics myself, and if they can still be upvoted, I would upvote them. Your posts (at least the ones I have seen recently) tend to be very useful as far as I can tell, so I wouldn't doubt it if someone found your old posts useful. 

By the way, I am not the culprit. haha. 

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS