• Create Account

Prototyping children's story apps from beginning to end

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 marchon   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

I'm a novice programmer, but am interested in building children's storybook "game" apps like the excellent ones put out by Nosy Crow. You can see an example of their work here:

Two questions: Is a game like this comparatively "simpler" to make, and therefore, would it be a good way for a novice to start learning how to build in touch/interactive gestures? Having never worked in a games studio or environment before, is there a standard/best practice when it comes to the workflow and development life-cycle of a game? Is there a resource you could recommend that would guide someone through the process of how this is done professionally for a game/app like the one mentioned (e.g. how is storyboarding done in an app studio?) I've looked at a few books, but I'd be eager to hear from professional developers on the entire process, what is involved, and any books they would recommend as resource to get me from A to completely finished.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS