• Create Account

LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 equivalent in DirectX11?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Akashi   Members   -  Reputation: 268

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

This is probably really simple, but I absolutely cannot find a solution anywhere online. I've included the libraries D3D11 and D3DX11, as well as DirectXMath, and LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 supposedly isn't on them, and I can't find anything that looks similar in Intellisense. What am I supposed to use for those kinds of objects--ie, LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9, D3DCOLOR, LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9, etc.?

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 28708

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

"LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9" is a typedef for "IDirect3DTexture9*".

In D3D11, IDirect3DTexture9 is replaced with ID3D11Texture2D or it's base class ID3D11Resource (and also ID3D11ShaderResourceView when you want to bind it to a shader).

Likewise LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 is just a typedef for "IDirect3DSurface9*", which is also replaced by ID3D11Texture2D or it's base class ID3D11Resource (and also ID3D11RenderTargetView or ID3D11DepthStencilView when you want to render to the surface).

LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 is a typedef for IDirect3DDevice9*, which has been replaced by ID3D11Device and ID3D11DeviceContext.

D3DCOLOR is just a typedef for an unsigned long.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS