• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

WalkThrough in Directx

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 aravind   Members   -  Reputation: 124

-2Likes

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

I need the walk-through effect in my project.. i need to view the entire model like walking into that.. but how to achieve that, what to set for camera position,target,view dierction? do i need to set the mousecordinates for view direction or camera or target? how can it be done for flat surface as well as to walk in steps?.. give me the entire idea and what are the keys , mouseclicks are to be assigned to get this?

Sponsor:

#2 Buckeye   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 10374

2Likes

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

give me the entire idea

That probably ain't gonna' happen.

I didn't vote you down, as you've only been here a couple of weeks. But I'm guessing the response you're getting from others (my reaction is the same) is because you're asking for someone else to hand you a detailed script for hundreds of lines of code. In general, here on gamedev, you'll get better responses by asking for help with something you've shown you've put effort into, and you need help resolving just a part of it that doesn't work. I.e., Demonstrate that you're willing to do research (rather than have others do it for you), that you've tried some approach or other, post a bit of code that you're written/compiled/tested, and ask a specific question about it.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS