• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Can I bind different ranges of the same buffer object to different binding points?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Prune   Members   -  Reputation: 218

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Specifically, can I glBindBufferRange() a portion of a buffer object to GL_DRAW_INDIRECT_BUFFER and another to GL_PARAMETER_BUFFER_ARB? It's kind of lame to have a whole separate buffer for the latter, given it's such a tiny buffer.

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" --Mark Twain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Looking for a high-performance, easy to use, and lightweight math library? http://www.cmldev.net/ (note: I'm not associated with that project; just a user)

Sponsor:

#2 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4575

0Likes

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Yup. That's what glBindBufferRange is there for.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#3 Prune   Members   -  Reputation: 218

1Likes

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hmm the documentation for glBindBufferRange() states that the target must be GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_BUFFER or GL_UNIFORM_BUFFER. And in ARB_draw_indirect I see in the revision history "Remove BindBufferRange/Base from commands for which DRAW_INDIRECT_BUFFER is a valid target". So I guess not.

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" --Mark Twain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Looking for a high-performance, easy to use, and lightweight math library? http://www.cmldev.net/ (note: I'm not associated with that project; just a user)

#4 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4575

1Likes

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Ohhh, I'm sorry, I totally didn't read your post. I thought you meant binding buffers to different binding points, not changing their targets.

You can bind parts of a big buffer to different uniform block binding points (ie, bind 0..256 to block in binding 1, bind 256...512 to block in binding 2, etc), that's what I meant.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS