• Create Account

Rendering around camera or level based

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Hitokage   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:43 AM

Hey,

I experiment sometimes with OpenGL and I made some 3D environments with moving character and collision detection etc. but I have one thing to ask. I know that there is something like drawing distance in OpenGL but is that enough when creating a large game maps? 

I mean I would like to make a huge game environment but of course make it somehow playable :D. For example render only the part around the camera or split the level to some renderable areas and render only the parts which are near or something. 

I don't know how moder games handle this, I remember only some old mechanisms form the old ones but what is the best approach for a large map rendering?

Could you please give me some tips or redirect me to some tutorials? I don't know where to start with this.

Many thanks and have a nice day ^^

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS