• Create Account

jPCT-AE or other ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 aeroxr1   Members   -  Reputation: 137

0Likes

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Hello to everyone :)
I'm newbie in the develop of 3d games application and I'm trying to animate a human's rigged model for an Android Application. 
My model has to move according to given commands. 

My primary choice was Unity3d but is not easy to implement project Unity in a existing android's project :/ 

Then I searched other 3d engines or libraries 3d and I found jpct-ae, do you know it ? is good ? Is there better ?

Libgdx I don't understand if go well for my purpose. 

Sponsor:

#2 aeroxr1   Members   -  Reputation: 137

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I also find rajawali , do you now this ? 

Have you some other 3d android's library to suggest me ?

#3 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22787

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

So your entire project, when finished, is to move an articulated model?

In that case, there are many engines out there that can handle it. All you need are your models, your animations, and an engine capable of playing them.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#4 aeroxr1   Members   -  Reputation: 137

0Likes

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

For example ? 

#5 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22787

0Likes

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well, you might consider the five in the Forum's FAQ that include 3D and are all cross platform, or you can try one of the roughly 50 top links that show up on Google.

You write that all you want is an articulated joint. Are you sure you aren't looking for more than that?

That kind of joint is among the most basic operations you can do on a 3D model, and every engine is going to have their animations well documented since that is the primary action of animation. It is seriously easy. Load the model, map the joints to whatever the engine uses, adjust one variable. In engines like Unity you can just drag the model in place, open the model up in the inspector, and move the slider giving you visual results in about 30 seconds of effort. UDK is similar, just drag and drop a few things and you can instantly see the results.

I recommended using an engine because it can take more time to download the engine than to actually implement the thing you described. Read some simple animation tutorials while it is downloading, watch a youtube clip during the install process, and by the time the engine is on screen you'll know all you need to do.

If an engine doesn't suit you, just about every introductory book on 3D graphics also covers the topic for the same reason: it is among the most basic operations for a 3D model. It takes a few weeks longer than just downloading and trying out an engine, but it seems you've been stuck on it long enough that it might be better for you. In that case you'll be writing several hundred or possibly several thousand lines, but once you're done with that you'll be back to modifying a single variable or perhaps a single matrix depending on how you wrote your code. Once the boilerplate is done you're back to adjusting just one tiny thing.

Try a few out, figure out what you like and dislike, then you can tell us what fits your style best.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS