• Create Account

Including DirectX libraries

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 233

0Likes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hello!

Well, as the title states, can somebody please help me to include the directx libraries into a win32 application please?

I can´t get it to work, I have been trying for quite some time now but I am still unsuccessful with my attempts.

I have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate so I guess I don´t need to install anything extra like SDKs or something like that, right?

Regards!

Sponsor:

#2 Alessio1989   Members   -  Reputation: 2008

4Likes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

With Visual Studio 2013 the DirectX SDK is included in the Windows SDK: you inly need to include the proper headers and link the proper libraries (like d3d11.lib and d3dcompiler.lib) in the projects proprieties (Configuration Proprieties -> Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies if you are making an exe or a dll, Configuration Proprieties -> Librarian->General->Additional Dependencies if you are making a static library). Remember that the project proprieties are individual for each project configuration and platform.

"Software does not run in a magical fairy aether powered by the fevered dreams of CS PhDs"

#3 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7979

2Likes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Linking to the DirectX headers and libraries is no different to linking to any other with VS 2013, for example the Windows headers and libraries.  Can you elaborate a little on what you've tried and what specific problems you had?

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#4 jammm   Members   -  Reputation: 279

2Likes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Use #pragma comment(lib,"lib_name")? Another way is to add the libraries in the linker options.

#5 kubera   Members   -  Reputation: 919

1Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

Hi!

XAudio 2.8 is a module available only on Windows 8 and newer.

Lininkg against it will exclude Windows Vista and Windows 7.

#6 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 233

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thank you for the answers guys, they helped to clarify a few things.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS