• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Applying gravity on a mecanim animated character [UNITY]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Bubu Bhat   Members   -  Reputation: 117

0Likes

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

I have a character which I've animated using mecanim and some MoCAP Files. The question is ow do you apply some basic physics to this character. As far as I know, animation overrides any default physics of the engine,  Here are 2 things that I tried :

1. I used almost all sorts of colliders (Box Colliders, RigidBody systems etc..) and added them on my animated character. None helped.
  2. I created an empty gameobject and made my character a child of it, now I applied all my collider combinations once again on this gameobject - neither did this work

So now the problem is how do I detect collisions of other gameobjects (with rigidbody and box colliders added on them) with this character? And I need to apply gravity on this character somehow? Any idea on how gravity is applied on animated characters?

Edited by Bubu Bhat, 30 May 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS