• Create Account

Visual 2013 problem with debugging shader

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 kolarz3   Members   -  Reputation: 164

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hello guys, I try to use brakepoint in my shader file but visual tell me that he didnt see file with flags to debuging. I comppile shader with:

D3DCompile(buffer.data(), buffer.size(), NULL, NULL, NULL, mainFucName, "ps_5_0", D3DCOMPILE_DEBUG | D3DCOMPILE_SKIP_OPTIMIZATION, NULL, &PS_Buffer, &errorPS);

In hlsl proporties in both shaders is enable debugging information and shader verision is 5_0.

Project: http://www.dropbox.com/s/0wgbjqdxgvi2g1o/DirectXTest.rar

Sponsor:

#2 spazzarama   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 819

1Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

VS can't work out which file your shader belongs to.

In your ShaderEngine.cpp

Change line 13 from:

hr = D3DCompile(buffer.data(), buffer.size(), NULL, NULL, NULL, mainFucName, "vs_5_0", D3DCOMPILE_DEBUG | D3DCOMPILE_SKIP_OPTIMIZATION, NULL, &VS_Buffer, &errorVS);

to

hr = D3DCompile(buffer.data(), buffer.size(), name, NULL, NULL, mainFucName, "vs_5_0", D3DCOMPILE_DEBUG | D3DCOMPILE_SKIP_OPTIMIZATION, NULL, &VS_Buffer, &errorVS);

then do the same for your pixel shader compiler function.

That worked for me with your sample (passing name into the pSourceName parameter). Not very intuitive smile.png

Edited by spazzarama, 01 June 2014 - 03:00 AM.

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHookAfterglow, C#raft

@spazzarama

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS