• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Implementing 3D collision detection and response.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 andreidim   Members   -  Reputation: 275

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hello!

I've been searching for the past few weeks for a physics engine or something for C#. I'm working on a game using OpenTK, it's mostly un-documented but it has a lot of features.

I need some basic AABB collision, cylinder, sphere, and maybe mesh collision detection. From what the internet is saying, I need to use the normal of a face for collision detection but I simply cannot make it. If anyone has any tutorials or a physics engine that works with that I'd love to find it out.

Oh, btw. I would need a character controller too, that's the biggest problem, I don't know how to do player collision.

About using Unity, I need an advanced GUI library and stuff, I need to make dynamic textures which Unity is nothing near supporting anything like that.

I would even pay for a physics engine, I think maybe up to 150-200 USD.

Edited by andreidim, 31 May 2014 - 12:49 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS