• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

java game library or not

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 rafay   Members   -  Reputation: 139

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

I have knowledge in java and wish to start game development is it better to use lwjgl (i cant use libgdx because of errors)

or just use eclipse without any game library

Sponsor:

#2 Kaptein   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 2207

2Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

It depends how good you are with game programming already. If you are completely new to it, I would recommend you to just make simple games with just Java. OpenGL programming can be too much of a distraction and put you off game programming completely.

It's generally not easy to jump straight into OpenGL.

Here is a starter tutorial from our very own GD.net:

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/java-game-programming-part-i-the-basics-r1262

#3 rafay   Members   -  Reputation: 139

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

thx

#4 Kaptein   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 2207

1Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

I took a longer look at his tutorial series, and it seems to be.. rushed. Sorry about that.

This series may be better:

http://zetcode.com/tutorials/javagamestutorial/

It does look more complicated, but you can always just ask questions here on gamedev.net forums.

Make sure if you do, to link to the tutorial page when you are explaining your problem, as it will help get quick answers. :)

#5 rafay   Members   -  Reputation: 139

0Likes

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

helped me a lot

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS