• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

What API/platform for leaderboards/achievements/microtransactions ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 ADDMX   Members   -  Reputation: 281

0Likes

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi

Me and some of my friends in spare time wrote (again) a game (indie, crazy carts racing with guns and chainsaw ;).

Now when the game is almost finished from the code point of view (more tracks and cars need to be modelled and added) 

I need to add some leaderboard/achievements/micro-transactions system to it. We have our in-engine local achievemnts/leaderboards tables but from the marketing point of view it will be a lot better to have global ones.

Game will be free - with micro-transactions system (to buy updates, unlock new levels, etc. (but balanced not to be pay-for-win))

Game is writen on our own enigine - (mainly c++ with objective-c/java mixup for iOS/Android) - supported platforms are: Android (2.3 and up), iOS, LINUX and WINDOWS

So here I have a real question:

Is there any micro-transaction system that supports ALL of those platforms ?

(on our previous projects we'v used scoreLoop but it is only Android/iOS), same with google play services.

I'm doomed to use Steam on Win/Linux and scoreLoop on Android/iOS or is there any 'magic' platform that spans accors all 4 ?

I'v came accross facebook Game services - it's seems to be platform independent - and support what I need 

Any other popular solutions ?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS