• Create Account

C++ resources

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 DreadPirate   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

I am a computer science student, with some general OOP knowledge and a little Java experience. The structures in C++ are pretty familiar, and I understand a few of the concepts involved.

I was wondering if there were any particular resources that where excellent for getting started on C++? So far I have checked out sites like http://www.cplusplus.com/, and they seem to just cover the basics - classes, polymorphism, etc. 

I guess I am in that stage where I have not actually mastered a language yet, and while I have some experience with Java i want to use C++ more for game development.  I was thinking of diving headlong into the cryengine and the books out there written by crytek employees, but wanted some resources for c++ as well.

Edited by DreadPirate, 09 June 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Jason Z   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5428

2Likes

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

You can always check out some of the resources on isocpp.org, which is the official website for the ISO language.  Many of the famous C++ authors have content there, and lots of modern code and examples get posted there.

#3 Randy Gaul   Members   -  Reputation: 544

2Likes

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

I actually really like C++ for Game Programmers by Noel Llopis. I learned a lot from this book when I was first starting out! Also if you can find a very readable example engine in C++ this might be a great way to learn, as that is also what I did.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS