• Create Account

Can't access the site.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4353

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well, I can access it from here, but in my home I cant.

Tried with Chrome 35 and 37, and with Iceweasel (Firefox) 29. I'm using Debian Jessie x64.

Chrome says "connecting..." for a while, then it stops loading and says the page can't be reached. Funnily enough, if I try to access gdnet from my phone in the same network, I can read the mobile version (I doubt the thing could handle the whole page), but logging in fails, I put my nick and password, and it returns me to the main page without getting logged in.

Its some sort of IP blacklisting or something? huh.png

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Sponsor:

#2 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8884

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, site seems buggy right now, randomly signs me out, then back in, yet rejects my login credentials. Strange.

The "page can't be reached" thingy is an ongoing issue, though, occasionally the site is unreachable to me for 10-15 minutes, at random, but it's a minor inconvenience. Probably a database backup or whatever.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#3 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3887

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

I've noticed this occuring today, constantly being signed out or getting 503 errors.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#4 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4353

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

Well, I haven't been able to enter the site for 3 days wacko.png

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

#5 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3887

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Well, I haven't been able to enter the site for 3 days wacko.png

have you tried a different dns, some tracert's to the site, etc?

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#6 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4353

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Yup. Tried with Google's DNS. No dice. Plain pinging the site doesn't works either.

#7 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3887

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

proxy?

#8 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3887

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

sorry i missed you in chat, but i meant like choose a proxy here: http://proxy.org/ and see if you can access gamedev.

if your still not able to access gamedev, somethings up locally, as their's no way you'd be able to access a proxy, and not a website through it.

#9 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19556

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

@TheChubu: Have you already cleared your browser cache?

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#10 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5213

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Any better?

#11 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8884

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Any better?

Nope, it's still doing the logging in/out thing.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#12 fir   Members   -  Reputation: -460

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

Im to logged out every a while, than it seem also loges me automaticaly in

#13 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5213

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

The login/logout thing is a failover issue.. when the backend fails it reverts to pulling a copy of the page you were trying to view from the public cache rather than generating a custom one for you.  

I'm seeing extraordinarily high db usage..  I'm trying to diagnose what is going on.

#14 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9878

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

I was just about to report the same issue. I was logged out twice in the past 24 hours, and got a 503 error just a moment ago.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#15 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9878

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

And when I tried to post the above reply, the site took minutes to respond, then did not automatically show me the post in the thread. When I opened the site in a second tab, I was able to see the post in the thread (and, simultaneously, on the tab wherein I wrote the post, I still see the post in the Reply box, as though it never went through).
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#16 Orymus3   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 9041

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

When I get disconnected (randomly) I refresh a few times and magically return to a logged in state.

Also experiencing a lot of that lag on this end.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS