• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

FAST billboards

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Goodlife   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 January 2000 - 04:40 AM

How-dee all... Anyone know a FAST way of rendering billboards under direct3d? My previous version of an engine did all the geometry transformation by itself, so I didn''t have to transform billboards because they were always viewed straight on. Seems I can''t do this in direct3d. It wants me to trasnform them, and this slows me down! Anyone know what I can do? I don''t want direct3d to transform them at ALL, except to compute their xyz base.

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 23 January 2000 - 01:31 PM

If you want to transform them yourself use the D3DTNLVERTEX
I don''t know what that would be in C++
you should just look up Transformed and Lit Verticies

ManilaThrilla@juno.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS