• Create Account

So no one was impressed with E3?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

I only watched the Nintendo portion. And I must say, Nintendo brought it. I thought the Wii U was dead but that lineup was superb. I wish the games came out sooner though.

Sadly, I never played the Witcher (any of them), but the Witcher 3 had one hell of a trailer. So I'm intrigued.

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9869

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

I saw good games at the Nintendo and Sony booths. Wasn't much wowed by Microsoft today. Going back tomorrow.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Shane C   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1276

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

This was a great E3 for me.

What I liked the best was Halo 1-4 collection was officially confirmed (Xbox One), and getting to see Splatoon (Wii U). Honorable mention as well, is the new Zelda (Wii U).

#4 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2347

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

No Mans Sky... looking forward to that

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

#5 Wavarian   Members   -  Reputation: 719

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

GTA 5 coming out for PC finally... Almost too late though, I've been watching so many "let's plays" that it feels as if I've already played it myself. Hoping for a half-decent port with no extra DRM bloat (Steam should be sufficient).

Edited by Wavarian, 10 June 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#6 SeraphLance   Members   -  Reputation: 1393

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

I really liked the MS and Nintendo stuff.  Splatoon looks really interesting, even though I know it's just going to frustrate the heck out of me.

Dragon Age Inquisition and the Halo Collection both coming in October means I have to buy an Xbox One now, and I've been looking forward to Sunset Overdrive for quite some time, even if the press conference material wasn't anything new.

#7 Prinz Eugn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3620

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

I'm plugged into the Halo fan community, nice to see some love for the Collection outside of it.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#8 Buster2000   Members   -  Reputation: 1665

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

No Mans Sky looked interesting.  The rest of it was a complete yawn fest.

#9 jammm   Members   -  Reputation: 278

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

Far Cry 4 seemed interesting and refreshing. That, and GTA V for PC are the two games I'm eagerly looking forward to!

Edited by jammm, 11 June 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#10 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9869

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

I agree Splatoon looks really interesting on WiiU.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#11 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 21257

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

I saw good games at the Nintendo and Sony booths.
I'm not at E3 but I do watch press releases.  So far everything mirrors the well-published lists of upcoming games.

Both Nintendo and Sony have a great looking list of games that are slated as 2014, 2015, and TBA. Microsoft, not so much.

On that note, does Nintendo have anything on the floor about Xenoblade X, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, or any of the other tasty goodness they keep revealing?

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS