• Create Account

Planing and just feedback on what to do

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beatsforyou   Members   -  Reputation: 113

0Likes

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Basic information about myself , i'm 16 years old and my aim is to make games for a living. I have a website and made my game so it works on HTML, http://www.morphstudios.co.uk/Game/Game.html . I need help with a number of things like making assets and planing! also would love to have some pointers on where to get feedback etc, Heads up the contact tab on my website doesn't work and also need help with that! Thank you!

Sponsor:

#2 NewVoxel   Members   -  Reputation: 303

1Likes

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

You'll need to be a bit more specific in what you're asking. Try rephrasing your questions to tackle individual problems.

Game looks like it's progressing alright. I like the groovy background music.

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kick-ass http://www.newvoxel.com

#3 Beatsforyou   Members   -  Reputation: 113

0Likes

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hello sorry for the late reply I didn't get any notification. My biggest problem at this moment in time is actually planing what im going to do, I don't know if there is a planing template that I could use or something along them lines. My second issue is getting sounds and making everything myself, I made the basic textures however they are really really bad, mainly the sky-box! and getting feedback about the game, I've gotten some feedback from Twitter however that's one or two people who gave feedback about the camera. Is there any other websites i could us as well as this one? Also Thank you very much NewVoxel for replying!  

#4 NewVoxel   Members   -  Reputation: 303

4Likes

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

So you're mainly just lost on what should be in your game? I don't think there's really a go-to template for how to design your game since all games are unique. What you're doing now though looks like it has great potential to be expanded upon though.

• Add a dozen level platforms to your level select screen that can only be unlocked on the completion of previous levels.
  • Above each level display the current high score for said level
  • Add more challenges to the levels eg (Race against the clock, Reversed controls)
  • Reward the player with new skins/themes/soundtracks for collecting all the coins
  • Add checkpoints to particularly long levels

You get the idea. I think it's important to define a set of features your game will include before development and stick to it. Don't add too much and get overwhelmed, but add enough to make it a complete game. Just look at other games for examples of what commercial games include such as a settings screen and other non game-play related features

Unfortunately there's no way around using the game assets you create unless you're willing to pay others to create them for you, or compromise with open source music and graphics. I'd recommend giving it all a lash yourself though. You may pick up some useful skills if you learn how to create your own sound effects and graphics. Doesn't matter if they're terrible as you'll get better and you can always replace them later with ease if they're not up to standards.

Don't expect reputable proper reviews from anywhere unless you're willing to pay a couple of bucks for some critiques website to rate your game. Most places you ask for a review on aren't going to give you reviews that are any more in depth to that which you might see on the Apple/Android app stores.

The biggest and most important critique for your game is you! What do you want to see in your game? What do you think would make it better?

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kick-ass http://www.newvoxel.com

#5 Beatsforyou   Members   -  Reputation: 113

0Likes

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Thank you for your help! Sorry for the late reply dam GCSE exams getting in my way. I lll start work on the High score and ill try to add more game modes! Thank you very much NewVoxel for your time and advice! Have a good week!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS