• Create Account

Recast/Detour question

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 lucky6969b   Members   -  Reputation: 586

0Likes

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hello, I am intending to use recast/detour as the pathfinding engine. However, when I have a large long object such as a Cargo Truck, and as recast uses a disk as the bounding box, it will not hug the cargo truck very well, and the collision testing will not be good. I am wondering has recast got a bounding box as the collision testing mechanism. I have asked this in recast forum, but hasn't got replied yet.

Hope someone here knows and I can get a quicker answer here.

Thanks a lot. Cheers

Jack

Edited by lucky6969b, 11 June 2014 - 10:07 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 AgentC   Members   -  Reputation: 1289

1Likes

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

From what I understand, the Recast/Detour navigation data is always built for a certain size of a moving agent, which is approximated by the capsule parameters (radius, height) in the rcConfig structure. So if you use the navigation data for vehicles, you need to set the radius & height to accomodate the biggest vehicle you have, or build multiple datas for different size agents.

Every time you add a boolean member variable, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Manager class, God kills a kitten. Every time you create a Singleton...

Urho3D (engine)  Hessian (C64 game project)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS