• Create Account

SDL Documentation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkz63   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hello!

I would like to build an extremely simple game engine for 3D rendering that features an .obj model loader, dynamic camera and events handling. I'm conducting this experiment as a research topic for my university.

I am planning to do so using the Simple DirectMedia Layer .net binding (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cs-sdl/index.php?title=Main_Page&Itemid=53). I have found a few good tutorials out there, but cannot find a javadoc-like set of documentation for the library.

Does anybody know of a good source of comprehensive documentation for the sdl.net library?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor:

#2 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19665

0Likes

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Here's the official SDL_net documentation.

As for tutorials, you'd probably be looking at more generic networking tutorials like the famous Beej's Guide to Network Programming - which the SDL_net documentation even links to (with a broken link). SDL_net is a very thin wrapper around the normal networking libraries, so the concepts remain the same.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#3 SeanMiddleditch   Members   -  Reputation: 6092

2Likes

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

SDL.net and SDL_net are two entirely different things. The OP is asking about the Microsoft .NET bindings to SDL, not about the low-level networking library SDL_net.

#4 Dave Hunt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2459

1Likes

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

For the SDL.net API doxygen docs, look here: http://cs-sdl.sourceforge.net/apidocs/html/index.html

Edited by Dave Hunt, 13 June 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#5 Sparkz63   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Awesome, thank you Dave Hunt! I had not discovered these yet.

And yes, _Net and .net are different

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS