• Create Account

problems in directx 9: miising d3dx9.h

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 oreste   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

There have been many posts on this subject in the past and i think i have read most of them and i am still at a loss. So please bear with me. My environment: Windows 7, Visual Studio 2013 Express and DirectX June 2010 (which downloaded w/o any issue). In the tutorial i am following i encounter no problems w/ d3d9.h but when i include d3dx9.h i get 2 errors generated by the compiler: 1.- error C1083 Cannot open include file "d3dx9.h" 2.- Intellisense cannot open source file "d3dx9.h" Here's where i am: 1._In VC++ directories the following paths have been added: In Libray directories: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib; In Include directories: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)Include; 2._In my project, in the Solution Explorer, i open up External Dependencies and i see a list of header files, d3d9.h is there but NOT d3dx9.h So where is d3dx9.h??

Sponsor:

#2 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13576

2Likes

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

#2 (and #1) is your problem. Dependencies are library (.lib) files, not header files.

In #1, your library directory should be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x86” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x64”—you have to specify the platform.

It can’t find “d3dx9.h” because you’ve added it as a dependency, which causes it search for libraries under that name, and since your library path is wrong (in addition to d3dx9.h not being a library and not being under the library directories) it can’t find it.

Also, ensure it is #include <d3dx9.h>, not #include "d3dx9.h".

L. Spiro

Edited by L. Spiro, 15 June 2014 - 02:26 AM.

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#3 oreste   Members   -  Reputation: 149

1Likes

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

Thank you, i have been obsessing so much over this that, of course, it seems like i ovverlooked what should have been obvious. Thanks for the reply it set me straight!! There was an error at the end of include direstories path a simple miising backslash before Include. Sorry and thank you!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS