• Create Account

Segmentation : logic composition theory

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 jdc   Members   -  Reputation: 229

0Likes

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

I'm developing a code theory which attempts to explain procedural programming.

I start by updating my code on  loose style that eventually it become clear to me that a new style of coding was possible, with my background of logic I start to develop the theory for it.

My main point is that It's only  possible two use logic in 2 ways:

Singularity to Generic

...and ...

Generic to Singularity:

which I translates in to concepts or abbreviations of STG and GTS.

With this concept we can attempt to explain how programming works...

So OOP is based mainly on STG. It get a specific problem and creates more examples of the same problem to reach the Generic perspective, which can be translated in to the solution or conclusion of the problem.

Segmentation uses GTS . Structured in a Top Down segment's which deal first with generic examples and descend in to the more specific problems.

So this theory attempt to explain this details, which could allow faster and better programming in the future. So the point is not to
tell directly how people should program but to explain how program is done. Some develop was already done, develop a method for GTS called Load and unload which handles logic for the GTS logic composition. It is a similar to setter and getter, the difference's are explained  in the Segmentation theory chapters...

So if you are interested in reading or helping out with the Quest to unveil the wrongly sins of the pass programming developers, be welcome to join at GitHub:

https://github.com/saintsoftware/ge3d : The Code theory can be found in the Folder: Tutorials -> Segmentation_theory -> ...

The first chapters are a bit to loose because this stuff is experimental i'm writing like the guy's that develop programmation was i go along, so the last chapters settle a bit down in terms of writing, though still they need a bit of improving.

For me is a bit boring to improve writing because I'm more connected to logic... When I have time i will see what can be done...

---------------------------

If you want to know more on logic search for: syllogism logic, but to reach this kind of understanding you probably need to practice, and if you don't want to spend good hours in practise you can just follow along and eventually you will understand my perspective. Which will have a implicit understanding of logic.

-----------------------------

Links:

saintsoftware.eu.pn
mediveltitans.eu.pn
battleofworlds.eu.pn
tidesoftime.eu.pn

Edited by jdc, 15 June 2014 - 05:18 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 jdc   Members   -  Reputation: 229

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Updated 2 chapters to the Segmentation Theory:

Chapter 8: no_abstraction_08.txt

So there was a logical problem develop in to previous chapters 5,6 and 7, this is because that Segmentation does not deal with abstraction it self.

Chapter 9: GTS_builder_09.txt + GTS_builder.jpg

So GTS deals with abstraction outside the scoop of the programming level this chapter explain the theory to develop a tool to handle the abstraction layers.

* This have educational purposes so if some one do care to help with developing the prototype for the GTS builder, a kicker starter may get any where...

Edited by jdc, 18 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#3 jdc   Members   -  Reputation: 229

0Likes

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Add Chapter 10 : GTS builder code structure

So the builder will use a mix of code snippets with OOP to handle the abstraction for us, since it's the more logical thing to do. So in a way we can have high performance code develop for GTS, while not losing automation that comes from OOP abstraction capability...

Edited by jdc, 19 June 2014 - 08:36 AM.

PARTNERS