• Create Account

How to install latest SharpDX from GitRepository.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gavin Williams   Members   -  Reputation: 666

0Likes

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hi,

I have SharpDX 2.6.3 synced in GitHub. But I'm not sure on how to actually install it, other than how I've done it in the past and just copied the bin folder and the documentaions folder over to my main drive. But should I also copy packages and external or not?

Thanks for any help.

Gavin

Sponsor:

#2 spazzarama   Members   -  Reputation: 747

1Likes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

Hi,

I have SharpDX 2.6.3 synced in GitHub. But I'm not sure on how to actually install it, other than how I've done it in the past and just copied the bin folder and the documentaions folder over to my main drive. But should I also copy packages and external or not?

Thanks for any help.

Gavin

If you are not trying to build it, you only need the bin directory.

Justin Stenning | Blog | Book - Direct3D Rendering Cookbook (using C# and SharpDX)

Projects: Direct3D Hook, EasyHookAfterglow, C#raft

@spazzarama

#3 Gavin Williams   Members   -  Reputation: 666

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

I did build it successfully from source. So just copying the bin folder is enough then. I wasn't sure because I've read that nuget is being used and I thought that maybe nuget was going to become the only way to install it properly. But if i can just copy the bin folder, than that's ok.

Thanks.

#4 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8945

1Likes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I did build it successfully from source. So just copying the bin folder is enough then. I wasn't sure because I've read that nuget is being used and I thought that maybe nuget was going to become the only way to install it properly. But if i can just copy the bin folder, than that's ok.

Thanks.

Nuget is just a tool integrated into the IDE that lets you manage dependencies easier (automatically downloads assemblies and adds them to your references so you don't have to set it up yourself). You don't have to use it, for most libraries (SharpDX included) all you need is to add the managed DLL(s) to your project references and you're good to go.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS