• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Estimate curvature based on a triangle mesh

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanielXiao   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

hi everyone,

I am freshman to start learning OpenGL. I am working on a project which I need  caculate the curvature of my 3D model. however I can't find the available free code to finish my work.

my requirement: 1. can be compiled by Visual Studio 2008

2. input format is obj or wrl

If you have any information to help me work out this, please reply me. 

Thank you very much!

Sponsor:

#2 Promit   Moderators   -  Reputation: 7335

0Likes

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

What have you tried?

Edited by Promit, 21 June 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#3 JohnnyCode   Members   -  Reputation: 261

2Likes

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

smooth normals define actual unpresent derivated "smooth" surface of a tri geometry. You can use the 3 smooth normals of a triangle and compare them to the face normals of the triangle (face normals of a triangle are all equal for the three verticies of it). This will express the unpresent curved surface over the triangle. You can derive the surface from this information, to the resolution you wish.

#4 DanielXiao   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

smooth normals define actual unpresent derivated "smooth" surface of a tri geometry. You can use the 3 smooth normals of a triangle and compare them to the face normals of the triangle (face normals of a triangle are all equal for the three verticies of it). This will express the unpresent curved surface over the triangle. You can derive the surface from this information, to the resolution you wish.

Thanks a lot,  Your advice is really important for me to solve my problem.smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS