• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Why is this happening?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 newtechnology   Members   -  Reputation: 783

-1Likes

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

I don't know why is this happening but I think its related to specular highlight problem. I'm 99% sure that problem isn't in shader.

Mskt6Uh.png

View from other angle:

cBP5UJf.png

The problem only occurs when I enter and look down into house. It doesn't happen when I'm far from the house.

Sponsor:

#2 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 1660

2Likes

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

Can you be a bit more specific on what shouldn't be there (maybe mark it in the screenshots, circle or something)

#3 kauna   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2765

1Likes

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

If you think that it is specular related, then disabling the specular calculations should give you some clue.

Cheers!

#4 Migi0027 =A=   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1989

1Likes

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

If I'm not wrong this is shadows being casted?

If so, please show us how you handle shadows when testing for occlusion. Is it possible that your light ray is parralel to the ground? ( Could cause some artifacts, depends )

And all of the above suggestions are good.

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to steal all their shaders!

#5 Tom KQT   Members   -  Reputation: 1612

0Likes

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

You think it's related to specular calculations and you're 99 % sure it's not in shaders? That means you are either using the FFP and you are trying to say that there's something wrong in it, or I have no clue biggrin.png

Edited by Tom KQT, 24 June 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#6 newtechnology   Members   -  Reputation: 783

0Likes

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

Problem vanished when I disabled normal mapping. This was caused by compressing normal maps. Thank you for responding everyone.

#7 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4587

0Likes

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

I still don't know what the problem was. Maybe his revolutionary real time ray traced global illumination algorithm wasn't working for all we know...

Edited by TheChubu, 25 June 2014 - 02:48 AM.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#8 newtechnology   Members   -  Reputation: 783

0Likes

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

I still don't know what the problem was. Maybe his revolutionary real time ray traced global illumination algorithm wasn't working for all we know...

It was caused by compressing normal maps to DXT1 format.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS