blender and raw faces export

Started by
3 comments, last by fir 9 years, 10 months ago

I need some easy way to export blender models into raw faces models

Half a year ago i could triangulete the models and use "export to raw faces"

then i can read it simply into my app but

1) old version of blender (2.49 i used) do not works on my present system

- it does not invalidate the window only controls under the mouse cursor and it is sadly unusable

2) new version of blender has no option to export to raw faces or at least i cannot find it - and

im angry

is there maybe some very simple method of reading model from blender into my prog -

i need something quick not to spend hours on writing the code to load - that previous

method with raw faces was fine (though it not preserved colors of the triangles,

something wth colors would be nice

Advertisement
Use wavefront exports. They can be easy conerted with awk.

It's there, you just have to enable it: File->User Preferences, Addon tab, Category Import/Export, Import-Export Raw Mesh Format (.raw), hit the checkbox to the far right. At least it's there in my Blender 2.66, otherwise grab it here.

I still would recommend to take a look at Assimp not only because it offers quite a lot of formats but also a couple of post-processing options.

Think i use obj , they seem simpler than i thought, should do that with about an hour of work, so it is acceptable

It's there, you just have to enable it: File->User Preferences, Addon tab, Category Import/Export, Import-Export Raw Mesh Format (.raw), hit the checkbox to the far right. At least it's there in my Blender 2.66, otherwise grab it here.

I still would recommend to take a look at Assimp not only because it offers quite a lot of formats but also a couple of post-processing options.

good news, tnx, will check it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement