• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

can't get hardware rendering

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 _walrus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 November 2001 - 08:05 AM

Hi, I have a problem running my project on machines other than the one i build my application on. I compile my project at home and then i try to run it on another machine and it is forced into software rendering. My machine is using a voodoo4, the others i have tested on are machines with: 3dfx banshee, tnt2, geforce2. But when i run my program on a lab at school with a tnt2 or ati furry, it works ok. These computers have visual c++ 6.0 on it and the ones that its going into software rendering don''t have visual c++ 6.0. Could there be something that the my app needs from visual c++ to run proprerly, a dll or something?.... I checed the opengl32.dll and they are all the same versions. the lab machines are winnt, while my home machine is win98 and the others that it dosn''t work on are win98 and winMe.... Any help is much apreciated, thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Obelix   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 November 2001 - 01:30 PM

Do you change the color depth?
Some features like the stencil buffer has hardware support only in 32 bit depth.

#3 _walrus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 November 2001 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the reply, but thats not it.

#4 Shag   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 November 2001 - 01:29 AM

I you want to mail me the source, i''ll happily look at it for you!

mark.shaxted@btinternet.com

#5 _walrus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 November 2001 - 06:45 PM

I dont think you want to go through my source, there''s 27 cpp files and 32 header files. I don''t think it''s the source that''s the problem. The app runs fine in the labs at school and on my machine here at home, but on others than dont have visual c++ 6.0, it is forced into softare rendering,... I guess the best way to see if this is really the problem, or just a conincidence, is to install vc on one of those machines and then see if it works. thanks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS