• Create Account

How to play a game that you created on an XDK

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sam011   Members   -  Reputation: 98

-1Likes

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hi There,

First of all, I am aware that this is no simple task.

I have acquired an XDK, and would like to know if it is possible to play a game that I have created from say for example unreal engine.

If someone could give me a step by step guide, then that would be appreciated.

I do not know any coding language, but I would still like to know the steps involved - as commissioning a coder would not be out of the window.

Also, I do not know the exact version of the XDK that I have, however if you could tell me how to find out, I can post here.

Another question, is there any way at all to play normal games or forums where I can download game files etc?

The XDK in question is 360, and I am aware that my console belongs to Microsoft, I am just borrowing it from work as it was gathering dust.

Microsoft have not asked for it back, so I want to see if I can get any use from it.

Many Thanks

Sam

Sponsor:

#2 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 29480

8Likes

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

The XDK can only be used by licensed developers, and is covered by NDA.
Discussing it here would be a breach of NDA, which could result in my/your employer's contracts with Microsoft being torn up, and us being fired.
Your workplace shouldn't have let you take it home either -- those same contracts mean the 360 devkit and the XDK software must be kept private and secure at all times.

To answer the question though - no you can't play normal games on it and there's no public forums for discussing it. Your best be would be talking to a programmer at the workplace you pinched it from.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS