GameSoundCon 2014, October 7-8, Los Angeles, CA

Started by
0 comments, last by musicbender 9 years, 8 months ago

GameSoundCon 2014 Los Angeles
October 7-8, Millennium Biltmore hotel, Los Angeles, CA
Hi GameDev.net'ers:

This year, the 10th GameSoundCon will be held October 7-8 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.

I've created a GameDev Net discount for visitors and regulars to GameDev.net. By using the code, GDNET, while registering, it will take $50 off registration.

At GameSoundCon, we cover the technical, creative, production and business challenges of working in the game industry as a video game composer or game sound designer. The main sessions will cover a lot of the questions I see here on gamedev.net in depth (and much more!). Last year, we moved to LA and attracted over 200 composers, sound designers and game people from 5 continents

We've got a great lineup of speakers, including an incredible keynote speaker (who will be announced soon!), Other speakers and panelists include Guy Whitmore (Peggle 2), Paul Lipson (Audio Director, Microsoft Game Studios), Penka Kouneva (Prince of Persia, Transformers), Winfred Phillips (Assassin'sCreed 3: Liberation), Charles Deenen, Lance Hayes (Forza 5), and many more.

This year, we are running 4 concurrent rooms:

Room 1: Game Sound Essentials

Game Sound Essentials is 2 days of sessions on the fundamentals of video game music and video game sound design. Think of it as a 2-day crash course in the essentials of game audio.

Room 2: FMOD Studio Hands-on workshop

FMOD Guru Stephan Schutze is coming from Australia to lead a 2-day "bring your laptop" hands-on workshop in the all-new FMOD Studio.

Room 3: Game Sound "Pro"

For those who have a few games under their belts, the Pro Track covers some more advanced topics in game audio, from compositional techniques, audio integration,to VO and score production challenges. This year in our Pro Track, to better reflect where the growth in game music and sound jobs has been the highest, we are placing a slight emphasis on "procaz" games--professionally produced casual games.

Room 4: WWise Hands-on Training

The folks from Audiokinetic are coming down for a day of hands-on training on WWise, covering new features, music and sound design using WWise including the brand new MIDI functionality.

We also have a couple more surprises planned....which we'll let you know about over the coming few weeks.

Networking
We are also hosting our annual GameSoundCon networking Mixer for GameSoundCon attendees on the evening of the 7th, following the first day of the conference. Mix and Mingle with speakers, panelists, other GameSoundCon attendees and local Game Audio professionals.

If anyone has any questions about GameSoundCon, please don't hesitate to contact me

Brian

Brian Schmidt

Executive Director, GameSoundCon:

GameSoundCon 2016:September 27-28, Los Angeles, CA

Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC

Music Composition & Sound Design

Audio Technology Consultant

Advertisement

Even as a Los Angeles resident, this will be my first time at GameSoundCon and I'm stoked. I hope to meet a lot of you guys there!

Brian, thank you for the discount code! biggrin.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement