OpenGL rendering problem

Started by
4 comments, last by L. Spiro 9 years, 9 months ago

why am i getting this strange window when i run my program, instead of what am suppose to get (window filled with red)

Advertisement
Because you are doing something wrong.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

To clarify Spiro's snarky answer: you gave us absolutely zero information other than "it's broke." smile.png Give us your full (ready-to-compile) code or a minimal (ready-to-compile) test case that exhibits the problem.

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

That paintGL isn't probably called at all, so you have to tell qt that the widget should be updated. Try calling updateGL.

Derp

Your window is showing a chunk of uninitialized memory, so it is showing whatever was there before. I appears you are clearing the screen. Are you swapping the back buffer to the window after you are done drawing?

EDIT: I have never used qt, but it appears that Sponji is referring to the same thing, make sure you present your rendered scene to the window.

My current game project Platform RPG
Ensure that your view inherits from QGLWidget.

If you want the screen to refresh actively, create a QTimer set to a slot that calls repaint() on that widget.

For example:
class C3dViewWidget : public QGLWidget {

…

protected :
	// == Members.
	// Update timer.
	QTimer		m_tTimer;

private slots :
	/**
	 * Called by the timer to update this view.
	 */
	void		Update();
};

void C3dViewWidget::InitWidget() {
	connect( &m_tTimer, SIGNAL( timeout() ), this, SLOT( Update() ));
}

void C3dViewWidget::Update() {
	this->repaint();
}
You can get a lot more useful help when you actually put some effort into your question.
If you still have a problem, then you should probably include a lot more information in your next post.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement