• Create Account

Nvidia's FX Composer Issue

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 210

0Likes

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Hello!

Well, I am reading the book "Real Time 3D Rendering With DirectX and HLSL" by Paul Varcholik. Now the problem is that throughout half of the book FX Composer is used and I can't get the program to start.

I basically just downloaded it and installed without any problems at all, when I start it up I get the FX Composer logo and then it just stops working. I got windows 8.1 and read a bit on the internet and basically find out that others had the same issue with windows 8.1 and FX Composer.

What can I do? I really need the program but I can't just erase the whole window to replace it with an older version just because of the stupid program.

Regards!

Sponsor:

#2 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 210

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

I basically always have two computers open when I am working so I just installed Windows 7 on my secondary computer and now the programming is running fine. It just feels a little unnecessary but I really needed to work with this program.

Thanks anyways!

Regards!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS