• Create Account

Save Google login for GameDev.net?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 ericrrichards22   Members   -  Reputation: 830

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

I looked through the first three pages of search results, and didn't find anything similar to what I'm experiencing, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered before.

Most of the time, when I come to GameDev.net, the site automatically logs me in using my Google account.  From time to time, however, it seems like my account details become unlinked, and I have to click on the Google login button again, and it takes me to the Google authorization page, where I have to allow GameDev to access my account again.

My browser is Chrome, currently version 35, although I've seen this off and on with previous versions of Chrome over the last couple years.

It's not a huge annoyance, but it seems to me that after the first time I logged in with my Google credentials, that ought to be saved and used automatically all of the time.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

Sponsor:

#2 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2119

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

True, I have the same thing, although its not that much, whenever I manage to login with the Google Addon it redirects me to a non existent site.

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to steal all their shaders!

#3 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22736

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

I don't use their login system, but I'm curious now. Open your browser's appropriate settings and look at the cookie expiration date. When does their credential cookie expire? Is it days, weeks, or months?

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#4 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2119

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Could it perhaps be one of these? ( Just added a few extra to be sure smile.png  )

20ze52r.png

Edited by Migi0027, 14 July 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to steal all their shaders!

#5 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22736

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Probably the first one, since that looks the most like a session id. That would be a one month cookie, which seems a good frequency to require logging in again.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS