• Create Account

SDL_BlendMode when sharing textures?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 doyleman77   Members   -  Reputation: 366

0Likes

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

I'm using a map to store all of my textures, from which entity's refer upon. There may be an instance where I want one entity whom shares a texture with possibly many other entities to be transparent or blended, but not the others.

Right off the bat, I thought about having flag or check per entity on their alpha or blend mode, and modifying the texture just before drawing, and then resetting the texture's blend & alpha (this way, all entities will eventually be able to modify the texture as they need, and it'd default when done).

I am not sure if that'd work, though I *think* so. My question, though, is: is there a more optimal way of handling blending and alpha on a texture that is shared?

Sponsor:

#2 doyleman77   Members   -  Reputation: 366

0Likes

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

nothing?

So far, I've just skipped doing alpha & blends on textures; but I am curious more if there's a better way than the above proposed?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS