• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Looking for anyone that can share knowledge

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 NexuzUmbra   Members   -  Reputation: 114

0Likes

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'm new to c++. I started learning about a week ago and see some similarities between c++ and java. My point is, learning is very tough if you do it by yourself through youtube. I would like to know if any one is willing to "mentor" or share some wisdom that helped them start. Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 Álvaro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 15264

9Likes

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

We can collectively mentor you if you post here some specific questions. Is there anything in particular you are having trouble with? Ideally you would post a piece of code, tell us what you were expecting it would do and what it does instead... You'll find that people here are generally very helpful.

#3 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 2699

1Likes

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:30 AM

Maybe you can set a goal for what you want to be able to program. Skie's the limit :)
If you're going for graphics/3d you're 1st goal could be to get a quad drawn in the center of the screen, with a photograph as a texture.

If so, you have to decide which API you will use for graphics.

But, if your goal is to get into windows application programming, you can set a goal to make a calculator window application.

Start and post the things you run into, and we'll be able to help you out?
Good luck

#4 ISDCaptain01   Members   -  Reputation: 1457

1Likes

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

I personally prefer self-learning. It allows me to at my own pace and I dont have the threat of someone giving me a failing grade. It just boosts my productivity. As for mentoring here; you will not get any direct mentoring. People here will help you if you get stuck on a specific problem but no direct teacher. You need to go into a class for that.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS