• Create Account

[Help] c++ Allegro, PuyoPuyo colors comparative?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 javiside   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hi all, im making a game in c++ and i have a problem.. well its not a problem but i want to know the best way to compare the colors with te row and the columns, the way im thinking is .. something like this.. : 

char board[7][7];

int row , col = 1;
int srch=1;
for(row=6;row>1;row--)
{
                  if (map[row][col]== map [row][col+srch] && map[row][col]== map [row][col+srch+1] && .....                   map[row][col+srch+3]== map [row][col+srch+4]) 
                  {
                        map[row][col]=' ';
                        map[row][col+srch+4]=' ';
                  }
                  else
               else
            else....etc
{
srch++;
}
} ....

well something like that ....establishing all the possible IF opcions :S... but there is a easier way to detect the collisions?? like in c# bounds.intersect? ... as you can see, in the board, 1 is for RED, 2 is BLUE, 3 YELLOW, 4 Green .. when there are 4 or more of the same kind intersecting they're all destroyed.. so is a better way or function ? im using c++ and allegro.. thank you all for your help.

Edited by javiside, 22 July 2014 - 11:01 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 plainoldcj   Members   -  Reputation: 847

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

from your code above i assume you're only interested in finding adjacent columns of the same color
in an array. it's not really an intersection problem i think.
so

would become

23_____34

you could look for the start and end of sequences of the same color. something like this would work:

int sequenceColor;
int startIndex;

for each row:
 for(int col = 0; col < numColumns; ++col) {
   int color = map[row, col];
   if(color != sequenceColor) {
     // new sequence begins, check if last sequence is long enough to clear
     int endIndex = col;
     if(endIndex - startIndex >= 4) {
        set map[row, i] = ' ', for i in [startIndex, ..., endIndex - 1]
     }

startIndex = col; // start new sequence
     sequenceColor = color;
   }
 }

Edited by plainoldcj, 22 July 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#3 javiside   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

from your code above i assume you're only interested in finding adjacent columns of the same color
in an array. it's not really an intersection problem i think.
so

would become

23_____34

you could look for the start and end of sequences of the same color. something like this would work:

int sequenceColor;
int startIndex;

for each row:
 for(int col = 0; col < numColumns; ++col) {
   int color = map[row, col];
   if(color != sequenceColor) {
     // new sequence begins, check if last sequence is long enough to clear
     int endIndex = col;
     if(endIndex - startIndex >= 4) {
        set map[row, i] = ' ', for i in [startIndex, ..., endIndex - 1]
     }

startIndex = col; // start new sequence
     sequenceColor = color;
   }
 }

Hi, thank you for your answer but im also looking for adjacent in the upper rows and then start again on the cols, but maybe saving the positions? in a new array? like in your example :

231111134 ---> 23_____34 saving (3,4,5,6,7) then compare in the upper row and if there is 1 delete too.. 

For instance:

if i have:

would become

__4_33

1_3___            

____2_

_3___3_

or maybe in the first loop will erase all the 2 then the 1 ,then all the 4 until there is no more equal adjacent

then those numbers will drop to look for combos or chains and would become:

______

______            

____3_

and look again focoincidence but i dont think that would be a problem just running again the code. 

Thanks again.biggrin.png

#4 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4456

1Likes

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

well something like that ....establishing all the possible IF opcions :S... but there is a easier way to detect the collisions??

This is important step in your growth as a programmer: When you realize what you have learned is infeasible here and that there must be an easier way. While it is certainly possible to code the logic entirely of IF-statements, it quickly becomes unmanageable and buggy. So, as a programmer, you must solve the problem in a generic way. For instance, the procedure could look something like this, in pseudo code:

1. For every unvisited tile on the board:
2.	For each unvisited neighbor of this tile:
3.		Visit each neighbor of the same color:
4.			Count and mark this neighbor tile
5.			Move to this tile and repeat step 2 for this neighbor tile
6.	If there are no more neighbors, and we have moved to this tile:
7.		Move back, and continue on step 5
8.	If we found four or more tiles of the same color neighboring this tile:
9.		Score and remove these tiles
Notice steps 2, 5, and 7: Recursion might be helpful here.
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#5 javiside   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

This is important step in your growth as a programmer: When you realize what you have learned is infeasible here and that there must be an easier way. While it is certainly possible to code the logic entirely of IF-statements, it quickly becomes unmanageable and buggy. So, as a programmer, you must solve the problem in a generic way. For instance, the procedure could look something like this, in pseudo code:

1. For every unvisited tile on the board:2.	For each unvisited neighbor of this tile:3.		Visit each neighbor of the same color:4.			Count and mark this neighbor tile5.			Move to this tile and repeat step 2 for this neighbor tile6.	If there are no more neighbors, and we have moved to this tile:7.		Move back, and continue on step 58.	If we found four or more tiles of the same color neighboring this tile:9.		Score and remove these tiles
Notice steps 2, 5, and 7: Recursion might be helpful here.
Hi, thanks for the logic help :D I'll try thatsmile.png thank you again for the help biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by javiside, 22 July 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS