• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Color bar Interpolation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 irisraj   Members   -  Reputation: 128

0Likes

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I have a Colorbar (Row of colors)  representing  1000s of  color.
The colorbar has  two sliders  on the top of it. When I move the sliders, I should get the  color represented by  lower slider and upper slider. I cannot  apply  Interpolation to get these extremes. because  R, G, B components 
not moving in linear fashion. In first  1/3rd of colorbar  R is  increasing,  B is decreasing, but G is constant.
next 1/4 th R is increasing, B is constant, G is decreasing and so on. 

How can I create mathematical model,so  that I can get a exact color values of chosen sliders. 

Sorry for my poor English 

Sponsor:

#2 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4475

2Likes

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

Use either of the HSL or HSV color spaces, interpolate in that space, and then convert to RGB when needed.
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS