• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Programming Role Playing Games with Directx 2nd Edition

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Versak   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hi all, 

I decided to take up again this book, I know it's from 2004 and the code it's a bit dated.

I already searched on the internet if exist a patched version of the game core, especially the Graphics Core, but I haven't find anything useful,  so I want to ask if someone has the patched code or know where can I get it becouse the official website of the author is down.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 LordRhys   Members   -  Reputation: 367

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

I have this book also and am currently going through it, the code uses DirectX 9 which is still viable, what are you wanting to patch it to? I would just load it up in VS 2012 or something similar and see what falls over and make those changes, then you can look at optimizing it for C++ 11 if you want. I think it should still run as is though. The official website is Cengage http://www.cengagebrain.com/shop/ISBN/9781592003150?cid=APL1

#3 LordRhys   Members   -  Reputation: 367

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

I just found this book available which looks like the update your looking for: Programming Role Playing Games All in One, Third E Paperback – Jun 17 2008, it uses DirectX 10.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS