• Create Account

manage inventory database

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 GrimV5   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

I'm writing a small game in python while using c++ for low level stuff such as graphics and a few other things.

My question is what would be a good way to handle my items? Is it possible/good idea to store all the item information in a python script? Or should I use XML?

And just for clarification, I mean all item data for the game, not the item data that will be in player/NPC inventory.

Sponsor:

#2 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2061

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

I like to use YML.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

#3 Avalander   Members   -  Reputation: 1070

1Likes

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

What about a Json file?

#4 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2061

0Likes

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

What about a Json file?

That's also a good solution, I just find that (personally), YML is more intuitive to me. Either Json or YML would work great though.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS