Web browser can be quite simple.
Three of the best examples are
- lynx (http://lynx.isc.org/) - a basic text mode browser, great for servers
- elinks (http://elinks.or.cz/) - a slightly more advanced links
Neither of these use OpenGL or DirectX.
If you want to make a web browser, you do not really need much code these days if you leverage the rendering engines provided by these projects. You might want to look into:
- Gtk+ bindings for WebKit - http://webkitgtk.org/
- Microsoft WebBrowser component for C# - http://www.dotnetperls.com/webbrowser
- Mozilla Gecko Engine - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Gecko
There are loads more. One word of warning though is that they do drag in a lot of dependencies into your project and the Microsoft WebBrowser route is very unportable (Though probably the easier solution for Windows users).
Edited by Karsten_, Yesterday, 04:29 PM.