I just bought a GTX 750 Ti Friday to replace my aging GTX 250 (5 years old). My game engine worked perfectly on the 250 but with the 750 I am getting complete system lockup when starting the game. The main menu works fine. My question is what changed or is there some driver problems with the newer cards?
Whats been tried...
Complete wipe of NVidia drivers 3 times
Complete wipe of DX SDK (VS 2005 Feb 2010)
Maximum debug mode for DX, when did anisotropic become a bad setting for MAG & MIP Filter? Wasn't for the 250, dropped down to LINEAR
Main menu, renders perfectly, even with all shaders active
Load screens, load perfectly
New scene, never shows, no hud (font sprite), no rendering (deferred shader, transparency forward shader)
Jump back to main menu, load screens flash red and blue, no load screen
Main menu, whole computer locks up if I don't stop debugging fast enough
Only deferred and sky shader active, all others disabled
750 shows 2 gig dedicated, 2 gig shared, 250 did not share memory (4 gig total) (250 1 gig video memory)
Have to do a hard reset every time since the 3 finger salute will not activate.
From my google searches, it's looking like a repeat of the AMD cards issues with the latest NVidia cards, IE buggy drivers, the main reason I stopped using AMD video cards. Any suggestion to fix this problem would be helpful. I have full access to the source code since I wrote it so I can fix it if it's a setup problem.