Title says it all pretty much.
I've read a lot of tutorials and managed to follow most of them, and did try a couple of books (but I get too tired from reading 100 pages only to get to the basic descriptions of Vectors), but the process of creation slowed down tremendeously.
The game isn't all that complicated: infinite runner of sorts with some platforming and combat elements and customazation. Basic stuff you see on Android every day (2D).
TL:DR - I'm looking for a book/a series of tutorials/whatever which will help me move forward from my basic knowledge of C#. Just so you can have a rough idea, here are some things I can create from scratch:
- Basic 4 directional movement / 2 directions + jump / standard controls for 3rd person 3D / FPS (I have basic knowledge of Vectors, transform, axes etc.)
- Basic GUI (I have basic knowledge of GUI Text syntaxes as well as changing its value)
- Colliders (basic knowledge of "On Trigger" collision to activate something)
- Basics of triggering animations
- Scene transitions (erm ... I can type Application.LoadLevel ... I guess)
Things I can create with some reminders:
- HP/Mana system with over-time-decay (still struggling to figure out on hit decay) (only with GUI Text though, so I'd like a transition to art)
- Double jumping (I understand the concept but always fail to execute it on my own)
- Simulation of movement
- Camera follow
- Infinite looper
As you can see, it's not much, but it was enough to get me started.
So ... any recommendations as to where I should pick up from now on?
Art and animation aren't problems - only programming is. I have no intention of becoming a master in programming, mind you, since my main focus is art/animation (2D primarily), so nothing major needed
Thanks in advance, I hope I was clear enough
P.S. I apologize for any spelling mistakes.
Oh, I forgot to mention I use Unity as the Game Engine if that matters at all.
Edited by MAND4, 28 July 2014 - 06:38 AM.