• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Hello All !

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 DustedHam   Members   -  Reputation: 135

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Hey just thought my first post should say hello maybe a bit about myself.

Hello every one,

I like making games (but I guess that's why we're all here), The language I most enjoy doing that with is C#

but I also know a bunch of other languages. I don't have any art skills as far as drawing, modelling or animation go, but

I do like to think I'm an al-right programmer.

I don't really have a favourite genre of games, but I play a lot strategies and shooters I guess (bit of an odd combo I suppose).

Oh and arcade style games have a habit of holding my attention for fairly long lengths of time too. as of right now

the three games I'm playing the most are Borderlands 2, 7 Days to Die, and Hitman 2.

I guess that's a little bit about me....

other brief notes I suppose are:

• Canadian
  • Loves food
  • Jokes a lot
  • Steams a bit
  • In collage

any way it's nice to be here, I like it so far.

I don't know how often I'll jump into conversations, but I'll be reading around.

Sponsor:

#2 Navezof   Members   -  Reputation: 1503

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hello DustedHam and welcome, I hope you'll have a fun and informative time here smile.png

#3 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 3268

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

Welcome, let us know your struggles and we'll be glad to help out
Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com
My games: http://www.crealysm.com/games

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

#4 DustedHam   Members   -  Reputation: 135

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Thanks guys, I'm getting a lot of info so far.

only trouble I'm having is finding a tutorial on fast paced network synchronization, with some source code to learn from.

(I sort-of get the concept but seeing some one else's code will make it click a little better, especially if I can do some science with it). 

I'm sure its around, I'll find it eventually. :D 

#5 MarekKnows.com   Members   -  Reputation: 925

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

I posted a few video tutorials for network programming here: http://www.marekknows.com/downloads.php?vmk=network

Have a look and if there is something specific that you would like to see, let me know and when I find some time I'll make a tutorial for you.

---
Free C++, OpenGL, and Game Development Video Tutorials @
www.MarekKnows.com
Play my free games: Ghost Toast, Zing, Jewel Thief

#6 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 25420

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Welcome!

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal | [Fly with me on Twitter

#7 Ectara   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3093

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Pleasure to meet you.

#8 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 23073

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

Welcome! :)

#9 DustedHam   Members   -  Reputation: 135

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Thanks!

also I'll start looking at those videos, C++ isn't my forte but I'll figure it out, Its a language I've been meaning to learn anyway. biggrin.png

Edited by DustedHam, 29 July 2014 - 07:29 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS