• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

SV_POSITION and deferred shading

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 KaiserJohan   Members   -  Reputation: 1245

0Likes

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

So I'm trying deferred shading in DirectX11.

I am using the following method (used in the FXAA shader and described here:http://www.altdev.co/2011/08/08/interesting-vertex-shader-trick/) to render a fullscreen triangle for my deferred shading pass.

FullscreenTriangleVSOut main(uint VertexID: SV_VertexID)
{
FullscreenTriangleVSOut output;

output.mTexcoord = float2((VertexID << 1) & 2, VertexID & 2);
output.mPosition = float4(output.mTexcoord * float2(2.0f, -2.0f) + float2(-1.0f, 1.0f), 0.0f, 1.0f);

return output;
}

And then in the pixel shader, I want a proper texture coordinate to sample my diffuse, normal, position textures from the GBuffer.

In GLSL, I simply do:

ivec2 texcoord = ivec2(textureSize(unifDiffuseTexture) * (gl_FragCoord.xy / UnifAmbientPass.mScreenSize));

But for some reason, in HLSL my SV_POSITION is always (0.5, 0.5), regardless of pixel. I looked in visual studio 2013 and debugged the pixel shader at various pixels, and yes at all places the SV_POSITION is (0.5, 0.5). Why is this?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS