Internet Explorer 11 Debacle

Started by
53 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 9 years, 8 months ago

Hi,

After trying everything at the Microsoft website and other sites to fix the problem (short of reinstalling everything by restore to factory fresh condition), I still can not install Internet Explorer 11. I am an IT Consultant, so I know that all the solutions offered were done right by me. Both Windows Update and manually installing from Microsoft download of IE 11 failed repeatedly. There does not seem to be corrupt files according to BIOS.

Specs

Windows 7 32-bit

Updated, except for IE 11

In the media I have heard about a bunch of problems with this IE, including major security issues which MS claims to have covered. Somebody dropped the ball in the Beta testing of this one, for sure.

Bugger!

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Advertisement

Are you using a legit version of Windows ?

Now-a-days if the MS web server detects your system is a bootleg, it will not instal any software .

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

There does not seem to be corrupt files according to BIOS.

The BIOS is not responsible for detecting corrupt files.

That aside, have you read the following articles yet?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2820688
(replace IE10 with IE11 and it follows most of the same prereqs)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/windows_7/update-to-ie-11-get-error-9c47/2245f627-58ed-4a96-8802-7feabae753f3

try

sfc /scannow

in an administrative command line. This will check for and repair corrupted files. Beyond that. I'd try downloading and running malwarebytes and see if there is anything malicious going on.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

May I ask why do you want to install IE? It's not like something I would want to do to my computer...

May I ask why do you want to install IE?

To which I add, why do you need to? I tried to uninstall IE in Windows 7 and couldn't do it - I came to the conclusion that they were inseparable - so how can you have Windows 7 without IE?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

so how can you have Windows 7 without IE?

Not without IE, but probably just an older version.

@op: I remember having problems like these myself when trying to test websites on IE. I started using a VM instead. It's just not worth the hassle.

I have a legitimate installation of Windows 7. Windows Update will only succeed in installing IE 9 which I have now. IE 10 and 11 won't install. BIOS says that everything is okay by memory. Command Prompt adminstrative scan shows no corrupt files. All data on drives were deleted and Windows reinstalled but the problem continues.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

I have a legitimate installation of Windows 7. Windows Update will only succeed in installing IE 9 which I have now. IE 10 and 11 won't install. BIOS says that everything is okay by memory. Command Prompt adminstrative scan shows no corrupt files. All data on drives were deleted and Windows reinstalled but the problem continues.

I've never encountered a situation where a website which worked on IE 9 didn't work on IE 10 and 11. May I ask why you specifically need to test with 10 and 11?

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

I've never encountered a situation where a website which worked on IE 9 didn't work on IE 10 and 11. May I ask why you specifically need to test with 10 and 11?

Odd attitude. I'd reverse it:

From a quality perspective it makes sense to test and verify on as many systems and platforms as possible. That is why tools like Selenium were created that test in bulk. Is there any reason you would want to NOT test on combination someone uses?

Getting back toward the OP, I've never seen or heard of the offline installer failing, nor have the people near me. It is nice to have freshly installed virtual machines so we end up running assorted installers and updates occasionally. For the offline installer you just run the offline installer and it works. If the offline installer fails for you, I'd look up the error message or look in the system log, and search for any error messages you can plug into google.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement