• Create Account

Discussion about cocos2d-js usability and performance for crossplatform games

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Rodrigo C   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hi All, i need some recommendations about cocos2d-js, here I will tell you a short story. The other day I found that cocos has released Cocos Code IDE, a new IDE for making cross-platform games using cocos2d-js.

I've been working with cocos2d (ios) and cocos2d-x two years ago and then I've been forced to migrate to AS3 for making cross-patform games easily, so the main idea of this post is around the question, Is it time to go back to cocos2d?

After doing some research, I found that the jsbindings tools used by this IDE were created by Zynga (correct me if Im wrong), here there's a post related http://code.zynga.com/2012/08/javascript-bindings-for-c-and-objective-c-2/

After that, I've looking for some cross-platform games released by Zynga and using this jsbindings tools, but I noticed that Castleville Legends, a cross-platform game released a few month after that post, it's using Unity. Also the showcase in cocos2d website is not so useful, generally the games are not fully cross-platform, or there are not big companies in that showcase.

So, what do you know about cocos2d-js? I want to see a good game running on web and mobile and using cocos2d-js, has Zynga any other game using that?

The main issue here is that I like how cocos2d-js works but I don't find any reason or a way to show how powerful are all these tools compared with AS3.

Thanks

Edited by Rodrigo C, 29 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS